Post-Doctoral Associate in Division of Engineering, Biophotonics and Imaging, Dr. Azhar Zam
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 19 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Biomedical Laser and Optics Group (BLOG) at the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to develop smart medical devices for medical imaging, diagnostics, and monitoring using novel optical technologies. In the past, BLOG-Lab has developed state-of-the art optical sensors and imaging systems (i.e., Optical Coherence Tomography, Photoacoustics, LIBS, Raman) for various medical applications.
We are seeking two Postdoctoral Associates to join the team and make significant contributions to the field. Applicants with strong backgrounds in Engineering, Optics, Physics and other relevant disciplines are sought to join leading efforts in the development and application of new optical technologies such as Photoacoustic imaging, Optical Coherence Tomography, LIBS, Raman Imaging, and miniaturized imaging probes.
- Exceptional applicants will have a doctoral degree (with no more than 5 years since its completion) in Optical Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or other relevant disciplines.
- Applicants with demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: Optics and Photonics, optical system design and instrumentation, Biosensing technologies, and medical device development are highly expected.
- Advanced programming skills in Matlab, Python, LabView and/or C++ with experience in image and signal processing/classification (i.e., Deep Learning) are highly desirable.
- A keen interest in innovating medical technologies for clinical translation.
These positions will begin the earliest in September 2022 as a two-year contract, renewable depending on performance. The terms of employment include highly competitive salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, and educational subsidies for children as well as other benefits. Applications will be accepted immediately, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with full publication list (last five years), statement of research interests and three letters of reference, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email Prof. Azhar Zam at firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.