Research Assistant / Research Associate, Centre of Regulatory Excellence
- DUKE-NUS MEDICAL SCHOOL
- 19 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Full Time
CoRE is recruiting a Research Assistant/Associate. This position supports the expanding research initiatives of the Centre in health products and health services regulatory system strengthening and capacity building in Asia. The selected candidate will perform a variety of research, project management and capacity building activities in health products and services regulation in Asia including low- and middle-income countries.
The primary tasks will include the following,
- Work with Executive Director, Deputy Director of CoRE, and partners to ensure programmes and initiatives are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner, while adhering to all legislative, policy, procedural and scientific guidelines.
- Support the delivery and execution of research programme across multiple projects. This include supporting collaborative efforts with global, regional and stakeholders, and managing timelines for key outputs and deliverables.
- Contribute to identifying, researching, writing on new regulatory policies, best practices and benchmarks for the respective topics.
- Contribute to the design of suitable research studies to identify the gaps, challenges and opportunities of the health products and health services regulations.
- Independently conduct and analyse qualitative and quantitative studies, and provide recommendations for health products and health services regulations.
- Conduct horizon scannning, compile country case studies and synthesize emerging lessons
- Contribute to the publication/presentation of research outcomes and recommendations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein, including contributing to occasional educational/instructional activities and organisation of activties such as conferences and roundtables.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Public Health, Global Health, Public Policy or other related disciplines. Social Sciences will be considered.
- Candidates with Ph.D. Degree in medical or health-related field, Public Health or Life Sciences would be considered for the Research Fellow position.
- Prior experience in regulatory affairs will be an added advantage.
- Ability to undertake research assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in research and grant writing including designing and conducting qualitative studies, data management and analysis
- Experience in the design, conduct, analysis and publications of healthcare studies or healthcare policies will be preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Applications and analysis software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, NVivo, Tableau)
- Able to maintain a professional demeanour and high level of comfort working with high-profile stakeholders from government, industry, academia, institutions, NGOs, multilateral organisations, at national, regional and international levels.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills, team player, proven record of leading projects, able to work effectively in diverse cultural environments and interact with academia, industry, funders and regulators.
- Fresh graduates may be considered for research assistant position.