Assistant/Associate Professor in Education
- SHARJAH EDUCATION ACADEMY
- Sharjah (Emirate) (AE)
- 18 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Sharjah Education Academy (SEA), a new and innovative faculty of education, seeks a full-time faculty member (at any academic rank) who is able to contribute to the development of the institution; teach in its graduate programs; produce impactful research; and collaborate with educational and community stakeholders, such as schools and government entities across the UAE.
The ideal candidate will have expertise and experience with teacher and/or school leadership education. Future areas of interest include special education. Optimally, the candidate will be professionally fluent in both English and Arabic. The languages of instruction are either Arabic or English, and the language of administration in the organization is English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assume an active role in the Academy’s development by engaging in course and program development, with particular focus on online course material development, as all courses have extensive online content and instructional materials.
Teach graduate level courses across numerous areas in education, mostly focused on K-12 education; model best pedagogical practices; and provide highly engaging, active learning environments in both face-to-face and online (both synchronous and asynchronous) learning modalities.
Design innovative assessments, mentor students (who are either pre-service or in-service educators) and engage in the expansion of the Academy.
Produce innovative research that has meaningful applicability within schools and other educational institutions in Sharjah, the UAE, and the region.
Collaborate with partner institutions and other diverse stakeholders to design, deliver, and implement innovative academic solutions to educational needs.
- An earned doctorate (PhD/EdD) in an educational field from an internationally accredited university.
- Experience in teacher education and K-12 educational systems; of particular importance is experience in supervising student teachers, mentoring educators, or coaching school staff.
- A published research record commensurate with the candidate’s rank is required. Strong preference is given to candidates who have demonstrated the ability to influence practitioners, educational institutions, and other stakeholders through their research and dissemination activities.
- English fluency is required; Arabic fluency is highly desired. Strong preference is given to candidates who have experience working in the Middle East.