Lecturer (Acting and Movement for Singers), School of Music
- Shenzhen, China
- 18 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
I. Job Description
Under the leadership of the Dean and academic leaders, all the faculties of the School of Music will work together with an international teaching team to provide high-quality teaching and practical services for all disciplines.
- Providing undergraduate and graduate teaching course in Acting and Movement for students of Opera & Voice Studies according to the approved syllabus;
- Making teaching plans, developing teaching materials, and designing exam contents;
- Conducting various forms of teaching activities, including but not limited to lectures, seminars, case studies and internship guidance for students;
- Assuming any related duties assigned by the School.
II. Qualification Requirements
- Having performing experience in any one or more of the following disciplines: Acting, Directing, Dancing, Musical Theatre or related majors;
- Having teaching experience in recognized institutes such as conservatories or performing companies is preferred;
- Being excellent in English and able to use English as the teaching and academic language;
- Having strong teaching and communication skills and professionalism.
III. Salary & Benefits
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen, and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK-Shenzhen regulations. Subsidies from various government sponsored talent programmes will also be made available for eligible candidates.
IV. To apply
Please enter the following link to complete your application: https://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/views/positionapply/mus.
Make sure to submit a current CV (both in Chinese and English) and a cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position., Applicant information will be kept strictly confidential.
The recruitment will be closed up to the above positions are filled, and candidates who have submitted information do not need to submit the information again.