Concierge Service Desk Coordinator
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $100,032 plus 17% Superannuation
- 18 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time continuing position
- Great opportunity to contribute to the University's operational capability
- Base salary of $100,032 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
Positioned with the Protective and Risk Services Team under the University's Central Operations Services (COS), the Concierge Service Desk Coordinator will support COS objectives to provide Safe and Operable Spaces and Connect the University with Services through their role in coordinating service desk capability and ensure services delivered are consistently in-line with client expectations and COS service commitments.
Reporting to the protective Services Operations Manager, the coordinator will liaise across the operations team, Protective Services teams, and broader COS division to ensure services are delivered in line with COS requirements and client expectations.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- development and delivery of training service desk personnel in University and site specific service requirements, this includes the development and delivery of onsite inductions of new personnel, and the delivery of site specific training
- provide daily onsite presence to support capability development, identify emerging service or process issues and opportunities for improvement
- act as an SME for security specific training, process review and development in line with University policy or compliance obligations
- ensure there effective processes and procedures for the team as well as support the development and implementation of new processes and procedures as required
- coordinate external partners contracted by the University
- act as a point of coordination and interface between the Concierge team and other service focused areas
- conduct regular reviews of service desk setup and physical resources to ensure optimum performance
- demonstrated skills and experience as an effective part of a high-performance operational management team
- valid security license
- good computer skills and demonstrated experience within a administrative role
- proven management experience together with flexibility and navigating through ambiguity
- strong leadership skills and ability to build effective and strong relationships with stakeholders
- experience with managing external contractors and handling on-site inductions and training of new personnel
- great communication skills both verbal and written.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations on 8627 9901 or by email to Sajad.Bahram@sydney.edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 01 February 2023 11:59 PM