Research Associate, Applicability of Novel Polymers
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 18 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to work on a funded project to investigate the applicability of novel polymers to UAE carbonate reservoirs under harsh conditions of high temperature and high salinity.
The project will specifically focus on conducting thermal and salinity screening tests, viscoelasticity measurements, rheological testing, coreflooding tests, as well as static and dynamic adsorption tests. Effect of pre-shearing on injectivity of these novel polymers will be tested too. Most of these tests will be conducted using representative carbonate cores from UAE reservoirs.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at ADRIC and Petroleum Engineering Labs, and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Capability to run common laboratory equipment for research on chemical EOR with experience on using both coreflooding rigs and rheometers.
- Ability to record results in professional manner and aptitude to correlate obtained data in a meaningful manner
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Masters from a reputable university in either Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload
- Contributing to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time