Technical Officer (Business, Communication and Design)
At SIT's Professional Officers Division, we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energize our industry and the wider community. The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive and safe environment to conduct laboratory classes.
- Studio/Laboratory Management
- Manage equipment loan as well as deployment of equipment.
- Perform procurement and tracking of equipment and assets to meet teaching and research objectives.
- Provide training to staff and students on usage of lab/studio equipment as well as development of equipment manuals.
- Studio/Laboratory, Safety and Equipment Operations
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Preventive maintenance of equipment and asset items across laboratories
- Provide support for practical, laboratory sessions and workshop preparation
- Possesses a diploma in Digital Media Production or Audio-Visual Technology related discipline
- Have hands-on competence in media production equipment operation, setup & operating Audio-Visual technologies.
- Have at least 5 years work experience in a digital media production environment or Audio-Visual technical operation.
- Possess hand-on experience in procurement (e.g., direct purchasing, ITQ or Tender) and vendor management.
- Have experience in setting up facilities for media production, establish equipment loan procedures and training users.