Research Assistant, Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
The candidate will work at the Centre for Advanced 2D Materials at the National University of Singapore. This role is within the research and development of new filtration media and devices using graphene and/or graphene oxide requiring the application of knowledge in preparation and evaluation. This includes data interpretation and methodologies development to provide new products and prototypes.
The position requires a proactive individual who can work in a multidisciplinary team focused on industrial applications of graphene.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor/Technical Degree in Science, Engineering, or related areas with relevant experiemental and practice experience
- Practical experience in laboratory work and handling with inorganic and organic chemicals
- Practical experience in one or several of the following areas: filtration systems, polymer composites, materials characterisation methods, samples characterisation by microscopy, quality control of new fabrication processes and samples, and methodologies applicable for filtration and microfiltration development
- Knowledge on fermentation products, bio-fuel industry products and sub-products, and chemical analysis
- Very good communication skills and disposition to handle with procedures of purchase and manage of chemicals and materials
- Rigor, strong work discipline, motivation and innovation mindset, initiative taking, punctual, and reliable with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Scientific insight with capacity to enable results and expertise in technical assistance
- Be proactive in seeking out information relevant to the work and discussing issues and problems
- Experience in presenting scientific information at technical reviews with the ability to tailor content accordingly
- Ability to shape and drive a research agenda to deliver technical results
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
Department: Industrial Development Laboratory
Job requisition ID: 8465