Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer / Teaching Assistant, School of Science and Technology
- HONG KONG METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
- Hong Kong
- 16 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Jan 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Founded in 1989, Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU) is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We tailor our professional programmes to adapt to market trends and meet industry needs, thus providing our students with quality professional education and clear career paths. As a faculty-driven, student-centred university in support of innovative teaching and learning, strategic research, and stakeholder outreach to provide maximum benefit to our communities, we conduct research that advances knowledge and enhances teaching, focusing on strategic areas, including digital humanities and literature, international business, gerontechnology, smart city, open and innovative education, and bilingual learning and teaching. HKMU is becoming an ever more vital link in addressing and helping Hong Kong to solve many difficult challenges – as part of our involvement in, and commitment to, the ‘metropolis’ of Hong Kong. Our plans to expand into the Greater Bay Area (GBA) through the planned HKMU (Zhaoqing) will also cultivate talent to serve Hong Kong and the wider metropolitan GBA.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now looking for a suitable person to fill the following position in the School of Science and Technology:
Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer / Teaching Assistant - (230001J)
Academic School/Unit: School of Science and Technology
Closing Date: 29/Jan/2023, 11:59:00 PM
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible mainly for the following:
- Providing assistance in the course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching) in related disciplines at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Engaging in scholarly activities and student development activities; and
- Participating in School / University activities and administration.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- A higher degree, preferably a doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computing, Information Technology, or a related discipline; (for Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer)
- A recognized honours degree in the above discipline; (for Teaching Assistant)
- Competence in teaching / professional experience including programme development and course administration;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills;
- Passionate in student development and training;
- Experience in coaching students and leading co-curricular activities will be an advantage; and
- A record of research funding will be an advantage.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Please indicate in your CV for the position(s) that you wish to be considered.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in October 2022 need not re-apply.)
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.