HR Systems Specialist
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £48,737 – £57,353 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 16 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jan 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Human Resources
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
King’s College London’s People Technology Solutions team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated HR & Payroll system specialist.
People Technology Solutions is responsible for the design and delivery of HR & Payroll digital services for over 9,000 colleagues across the university. The team consists of three collaborative hubs who are driven by service improvement and innovation: Digital Services Management, People Data & Analytics and Service Design & Improvement.
This role holder would join the digital service management team, who deliver system support to our colleagues, as well as the implementation of new software features and solutions.
You will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of KCL’s HR Management System platform People XD (formerly Core HR), troubleshooting system queries/issues, and delivering new services as a fully tested and configured technical solution.
We are looking for an experienced HR Management Systems expert who has a strong background in HR & Payroll and vendor management. The role holder will also need to be a strong analytical thinker, with an ability to think on their feet to problem solve.
To be successful in this type of environment, you will need to have the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, explain complex concepts in easy, understandable terms, align HR/Payroll business knowledge with system functionality, and proactively drive process improvements. The role holder will also require a good understanding of the data protection legislation.
This post will be offered on an a full-time, fixed-term contract until 18th August 2023.
- Technical support for all HR & Payroll system processes
- Planning and delivering projects
- Defect Management
- Data quality assurance within the system
- Security and Access Management
- System Build and Testing – regression testing, functional testing, automatic patches
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Education to degree standard and/or equivalent qualifications/experience
2. Significant experience of supporting HR & Payroll systems
3. Proven experience of HR & Payroll system configuration including recent experience of planning and supporting HR & Payroll cloud solution implementations
4. Experience of testing e.g. automatic patches, functional testing and new feature releases
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audience
7. Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence, motivate and build rapport with others
8. Experience of working with third party support
9. Innovative and proactive approach to work and professional development
10. Exceptional time management skills and the ability manage priorities and conflicting deadlines
11. Understanding of GDPR Legislation
1. Good understanding of HR and Payroll processes
2. Line management/Supervisory experience
3. Previous experience and knowledge of People XD (HR and Payroll)
4. Understanding of PAYE, RTI, Pension and General Ledger requirements