Level B Research Fellow (ESH)
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- $100,480 - $118,659 plus 17% superannuation
- 15 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed-Term: 12 Months
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B $100,480 - $118,659 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
A level B research appointment is expected to support the research activities of the Centre for Ergonomics and Human Factors (CEHF). An academic at this level will be expected to be making a contribution to the discipline at the national level. The successful appointee will work across several research projects as required to provide administrative and research activity support, including data collection, analysis and report writing. The incumbent will be the key contact for the Centre’s A Participative Hazard Identification and Risk Management (APHIRM) Toolkit for the prevention of musculoskeletal and mental health disorders. This research fellow will provide high-quality support to industry stakeholders in collaboration with the lead researcher to ensure excellent research outcomes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in ergonomics/human factors or work, health and safety
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm 12th February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Jodie Oakman via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.