Research Fellow / Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT. The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop/produce/investigate the architectural design and fabrication of advanced urban farming unit. Specifically, the research topics include, 1. The enclosure design and implementation of urban farming module 2. Air flow assessment to improve the module ventilation system together with exterior wind load via CFD 3. Optimisation of passive design strategies in daylighting
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Meet the milestone and deliverables in the project together with the PI, co-I in the team
- Prepare ITQ for the procurement of equipment as well as consumables needed in the project
- To co-supervise Final Year project students with PI and co-PIs.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations for the various process in the project.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers for equipment training, maintenance and operation issue.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- To work with international and interdisciplinary team on developing high performance urban farming module via computational and empirical analysis
- Support in the design and maintenance of the vertical farm to be setup in SIT@Dover and willing to work on
- Liaise with project members, including local industry partner and Tohoku University (Japan), to integrate the in-house developed light conversion film on the architectural design and system used for the urban farming module.
- Have relevant competence in building-related areas, such as architecture, building technology, and mechanical engineering.
- Have a degree in any of the following fields: architecture; building science; mechanical engineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous with prior experience working in the architecture and/or sustainable building design.
- Experience in commercial CFD package such as ANSYS package is preferred. Candidate preferably should be familiar and have sufficient experience in using ANSYS FLUENT, Meshing tool and post-processing software.
- Knowledge and interest in urban farming will be advantageous and willingness to work on plant growth with daylight.