Research Fellow / Engineer, Drone Power and Propulsion Technologies
7 days left
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop/produce/investigate propulsion technology for autonomous drones.
We are looking for suitable candidates to develop power and propulsion technologies for drone applications. You shall be required to perform research into the different types of power and propulsion technologies and perform quantitative assessment. High fidelity models of the selected power and propulsion system shall be developed as part of your work scope. You will use flight modeling and simulation tools to perform tests on the candidates designs and perform trade-off as well as evaluation of the different designs. You should have deep knowledge of aircraft power and propulsion systems, possess an aptitude in aerospace engineering and experience in designing aerospace power and propulsion systems.
Your responsibilities shall include:
- Conduct research to determine the parameters for designing aerospace power and propulsion system
- Develop metrics to evaluate the different designs
- Determine the key parameters needed to size up power and propulsion system for specific application.
- Develop high fidelity models of the designs
- Design and develop prototypes and work on necessary components
- Perform integration tests and quality control
- Evaluate and improve design based on tests and experiment data
- Create complete documentation for power and propulsion systems
- Troubleshoot defects in the design
- Keep abreast of advancements in aerospace and relevant fields
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
If you also have a great deal of resourcefulness and a vision about what your machines can do, we would like to meet you. Candidates with good bachelor’s degree and postgraduate degree may apply for this position.
- Well-versed in aerospace power and propulsion, applied physics, and mechanics
- Excellent knowledge of Aerospace modeling and simulation software
- Ability to develop and evaluate integrated systems
- An analytical mind
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good bachelor’s degree or post graduate degree in Engineering
- Prior industry experience helpful but not necessary for applicant with Capstone or final year projects in aerospace.