Research Fellow, School of Pharmacy
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £35,333 per annum
- 16 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The postholder will be an active member of the Pharmaceutical Engineering research team assisting in the preclinical development of film-coated multiple unit systems, for oral administered sustained release drug delivery. To assist in the planning and delivery of research activity so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A Degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmaceutical Engineering, or a closely-related discipline (Minimum standard 2.1).
- Obtained, or about to obtain, a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, or a closely-related discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ recent relevant research experience.
- Recent, relevant, experience in formulation development, pharmaceutical analysis (including thermal analyses, spectroscopic analyses, drug dissolution studies, HPLC).
- Experience of preparing materials for publication in international scientific journals.
- Experience of preparing materials for dissemination at national and/or international conferences.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 12 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Ms Tara Brown at email@example.com
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants