Professors in Nursing - Aged, Acute and Cancer Care
- Brisbane, Australia
- $AUD182,045 to $AUD234,514 pa. inclusive of 17% superannuation and leave loading.
- 16 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Who are we looking for?
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and Metro North Health (MN) currently have 3x Professor in Nursing vacancies within the areas of Aged Care Nursing, Acute Care Nursing and Cancer Care Nursing respectively. In these roles you will be empowered to significantly contribute to research outcomes of the School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Metro North Health through leadership in research, industry collaboration, strategic relationships with research end users, and leading a multidisciplinary team.
You will collaborate with critical academic and health service staff and students, including those within other Faculties within the University and other Divisions within the Health Service. You will also engage with external clients, service representatives, researchers and government representatives. These positions are expected to establish their own research and expand upon their current level of research.
Associate Professors are also encouraged to apply. Depending on experience and skill level, appointment may be at Professor or Associate Professor level.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real world focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. MN are the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest health care professionals.
About Metro North Health
The Division of Aged Care Services is a large general medicine service, providing treatment and care for a wide range of medical conditions including specialisation in geriatric and rehabilitation medicine. We provide urgent short-term treatment, complex care, rehabilitation and specialised aged care.
Acute Care Services - Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides critical care for patients who are seriously ill or with life threatening injuries. We have one of Australia’s largest ICUs with more than 2000 patients treated each year. Our priority is to provide the best care for our patients.
Cancer Care Services at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital is the largest cancer care service in Queensland. The service encompasses Medical Oncology, Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant, the Queensland Haemophilia Centre and Radiation Oncology and provides all treatment modalities within these streams.
About the School
QUT’s School of Nursing produces highly regarded professional nurses through the full range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses from Bachelor to PhD. The School is well recognised for its outstanding research programs, with an excellent track record in competitive research funding, publications, and translation of research outcomes.
See our Centre for Healthcare Transformation, Cancer and Palliative Care Research and our Clinical Outcomes, Safety and Implementation Research
What you need to succeed
As a strong communicator, you will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and communicate the shared QUT Values and MN Values in your approach to work.
You will demonstrate:
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area, and current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority, and additional certification required for ongoing clinical practice or clinical supervision (blue card, CPR, first aid, and full vaccination including an approved COVID19 vaccine).
- Demonstrated success in leading clinical and academic teams, including the ability to successfully mentor clinical and academic staff.
- Proven record of excellence in scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated success at establishing and maintaining collaborations that extend best practices, implement leading solutions to improve the care of people and realise new opportunities.
- Outstanding record of relevant nursing research/scholarship, as demonstrated by sustained publication success and research income.
- Record of significant aged care research leadership and the ability to develop creative and novel solutions by translating research outcomes into practice, policy, and education.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. Its a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development
- Salary Packaging
Explore Life at QUT
Reference Number: 23015
Term: Full-time, Fixed Term - 5 years
Remuneration: Depending on level of experience - Academic Level D (Associate Professor), remuneration range of $AUD182,045 to $AUD200,571 pa. inclusive of 17% superannuation and leave loading; or Academic Level E (Professor), remuneration of $AUD234,514 pa. inclusive of 17% superannuation and leave loading.
Location: Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and at QUT Kelvin Grove campus
Applications Close: 27 February 2023
How to Apply?
Opportunities like this don't come up often - for further information and to apply, please contact Dr Rohan Carr or Ms Emily Witts at The Insight Group by phone +61 3 9654 3288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission should include:
- A comprehensive CV; and
- A written response (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria to outline your interest and suitability for the role.