- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 - £30,502 per annum
- 16 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Assistant within the Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research.
The successful candidate will work as an active member of a lung cancer research team focussed on understanding the function of tumour associated immune cells and will assist in the design, planning, implementation, and delivery of an MRC funded research project with a particular focus on immune cell profiling in in vivo models / experiments.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Degree or equivalent in subject relevant to the research activity, i.e. Immunology.
- 1 years’ relevant experience which must include:
- Experience with murine tumour models, in particular GEM models
- Experience in cell culture and co-culture assays
- Experience in cell sorting
- Experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Experience in immunological assays (i.e. ELISA, cytokine/chemokine arrays).
- Applicant must possess an active UK home office/department of health personal license (PIL).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contact for up to 32 months, or available until 28/10/2025, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Cristina Branco at C.Branco@qub.ac.uk
Attractive Reward Package
About the Centre
Further information for international applicants