Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- $77,171 - $104,717 p.a. plus 17% super
- 15 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jan 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Role type: Part time (0.6FTE); Fixed-term for 12 months
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
Salary: Level A – $77,171 - $104,717 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
The Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences is one of six schools within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. It is consistently ranked one of the top Schools of Psychology in Australia and was ranked 17th in the world in the 2021 QS global rankings. The School is undergoing vigorous growth and attracts some of the best students nationally and internationally to its broad range of accredited undergraduate, graduate, professional programs as well as its comprehensive research programs.
About the Role
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will assist with supporting research initiatives within the Melbourne Centre for Behaviour Change within the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences.
- Assisting with paper and report preparation for publication
- Assisting with the preparation of ethics applications
- Assisting with research activities (e.g., online surveys, focus groups)
- Assisting with major grant applications
- Attending and contributing to lab meetings
You will have an admirable work ethic and the ability to work collegially. You will possess excellent organisation and time management skills and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You will be experienced in project management, including managing multiple projects and team members.
You will also have:
- A PhD in an area relevant to public health, health promotion, behaviour change, or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in working in a research environment
- Basic knowledge of psychology / public health environments
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the highlighted selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that applications will be open over the Christmas period and run into the new year. To manage timeline expectations, we plan to hold interviews early in the new year.
Applications close: 30 January 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Position description: 0057519_Postdoctoral Research Fellow_PD.pdf