Lecturer in Asian American Studies
- SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
- San Diego
- 12 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Lecturer in Asian American Studies
Arts and Letters
Location: San Diego, CA
Open Date: Jan 10, 2023
The San Diego State University's Center for Asian and Pacific Studies (CAPS) is looking for a lecturer who can teach Asian American Studies courses. AY 2023-24 positions available.
Temporary appointments may be either full or part-time. Initial appointments are typically one semester or one academic year and are renewed contingent on satisfactory evaluations and continuing availability of work.
- M. A. in Asian American Studies, Ethnic Studies, or related field
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the university level appropriate to assignment
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating an ethically and culturally diverse student population
- We are seeking applicants with demonstrated experience in and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups. Candidates that meet preferred criteria in this regard:
(a) are committed to engaging in service with underrepresented populations within the discipline,
(b) have demonstrated knowledge of barriers for underrepresented students and faculty within the discipline,
(c) have experience or have demonstrated commitment to teaching and mentoring underrepresented students,
(d) have experience or have demonstrated commitment to integrating understanding of underrepresented populations and communities into research,
(e) have experience in or have demonstrated commitment to extending knowledge of opportunities and challenges in achieving artistic/scholarly success to members of an underrepresented group,
(f) have experience in or have demonstrated commitment to research that engages underrepresented communities,
(g) have expertise or demonstrated commitment to developing expertise in cross-cultural communication and collaboration, and/or
(h) have research interests that contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education.
- Ph. D. in Asian American studies, Ethnic Studies, or related field
- Potential for or a strong history of scholarly research activity
- Ability to teach large lecture courses
- Familiarity with the CSU system
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/119794
If you are interested in the position, apply online http://apply.interfolio.com/119794 and email Minjeong Kim (Director of CAPS, email@example.com) and Alvin Henry (Director of Asian American Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Prospective temporary faculty who would like their applications on file are invited to send the following items:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae including email address
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references (included in CV)
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Diversity statement (must address at least two of the above criteria a-h)
- Sample syllabi, two preferred
- Summary teaching evaluations, if applicable
- Sample copies of scholarship, if applicable
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The salary schedule information for the Lecturer – 12 month Classification is available based on the following ranges:
SDSU is a Title IX, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency