Senior / Professional Officer, Mechatronics
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 12 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers scheme. Professional Officers come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool which brings a much-needed industry perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing the academic expertise of the faculty to bring industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional Officers leverage on their industry experiences to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during practical learning activities such as laboratory sessions, Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Professional Officers could also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide solutions to the industry. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage the centralised laboratory facilities and resources in SIT. With Technical Officers, laboratory safety professionals, and administrators in POD, they jointly develop central policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of laboratories in SIT.
- Design and teach labs & practice modules.
- Mentor students in Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Lead or co-lead innovation projects with industry.
- Manage labs and equipment to support academic programmes and applied research.
- A good Degree in Mechatronics/Mechanical or Computer Science or related field from a recognized University. Masters, PhD and/or relevant professional certifications would be advantageous.
- Deep technical specialist with 10 or more years of hands-on experience with design and development of mechanical, mechatronics systems, electrical and electronics systems.
- Strong competency in CAD programmes e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc.
- Engineering and design knowledge, and solid knowledge of the prototype design process.
- Good knowledge of mechatronic sub-systems would be advantageous.
- Experience in basic electrical and electronics systems would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring an industry perspective to SIT.
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.