Assistant Professor, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 12 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, covering topics such as Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, sustainable production and sustainable product design and manufacturing and additive manufacturing beginning Fall 2022. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University and collaborate with industry. The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed resume, a brief description of current/future research activities, teaching philosophy, and courses taught. English is the language of instruction and communication. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in (Manufacturing Engineering).
- The ability to teach undergraduate courses (Mechanical and Aerospace) in these areas is a must:
- Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, sustainable production and sustainable product design and manufacturing and additive manufacturing. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
PhD in related fields from an internationally recognized University and proven record of publication in top-ranked journals and relevant teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Experience in CAD/CAM softwares is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Mechanical & Aerospace Eng.-(COE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty