- RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- 12 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the Role
The Lecturer, Finance is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School. The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of Finance programs, and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities. More specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities.
The Lecturer is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Ability to conduct financial simulations in a trading facility or similar environment.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing
The Department of Economics and Finance was formed in 1990. In 2005, it became The School of Economics, Finance and Marketing within the College of Business and Law. The School has strong research and teaching interests with in excess of 6,000 full time equivalent undergraduate and postgraduate students. The School has 80 full-time experienced and highly qualified academic staff who are complemented by a cohort of offshore staff and part-time specialised staff ensuring relevance of its academic programs.
The School aims to lead the way in providing high-quality industry focused academic programs that are responsive to the needs of the professions and provide leadership in innovative thinking. We offer the following undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs known for their practicality, industry relevance and flexible delivery:
- Bachelor of Business with the following majors
- Finance, Economics, Marketing, Social Impact and Blockchain
- Master of Finance
- Master of Marketing
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Kassie McKnight, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday, 19th February at 11:59 pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.