- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Research Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for research, design, development, testing and support of the sensors used within our bespoke wearables. This candidate will collaborate with system engineers in development and improvement of sensor solutions.
- Perform research, design for manufacturability, development, testing and support of sensors
- Product design and development of wearables with our sensors
- Operate test equipment and conduct root cause failure analysis
- Design, fabricate, and evaluate components for use in wearables
- Produce design documentation and execute test procedures
- Develop and execute verification/validation testing strategy
- Recommend risk mitigation actions and maintain risk management file
- Participate in quality improvement process
- Works independently and as part of a team with work checked on a regular basis
- Demonstrate technical competency and independent solution thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experienced in the use of general engineering lab equipment.
- Fine hand skills for soldering and other similar benchtop assembly processes
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and components Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and names of 3 references (name, institution, email) to Prof Lim Chwee Teck (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.