Research Fellow, Molecular Biology, Paediatrics
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Centre for Translational Research in Acute Leukaemia (CenTRAL) invites application for the position of Research Fellow in the Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Haematology & Oncology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. We are strong in clinical-translational studies in improving cure in children with acute leukaemia locally and in the region. We have forged regional collaborations with a few centres in Malaysia and Vietnam. Internationally, we work closely with St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. CenTRAL provides SAC SINGLAS accredited actionable molecular laboratory tests for patient care. We are well-equipped with next generation sequencing instrumentation and bioinformatics capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong molecular biology background. The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigator and other research/lab members on a few research projects funded under NMRC and NCIS. This includes planning, organizing and conducting research studies within the scope of a research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or his designate, including but not limited to the following:
- Passionate with grit and a team worker
- Experience in next generation sequencing platforms
- Ability to design, optimize and troubleshoot molecular experiment/tests
- Familiar with cancer genetics or precision medicine preferred
- Scientific Advisor to the clinical laboratory team
- Capable of understanding and conducting common statistical analyses
- Write and review research papers, present research outcomes, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field attracting research funding.
- Provide support for external grant/protocol development, study design and management of research activities.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate / medical students and research assistants.
- PhD in a related Scientific area and/or post-graduate Medical Degree with at least 3 years of relevant research experience and training.
- Knowledge of the scientific background relevant to the research area, laboratory experimental skills, and expertise in supporting various research activities.
- Proven track record in the form of high impact publications.
- Demonstrated capability of research independence progressively.
- Strong writing and critical thinking skills, as well as good communication and presentation skills.
- A team player who is able to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively in a diverse workforce.
We offer a 2-year contract to the selected candidate with the possibility of extension. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10062