Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
3 days left
- Full Time
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team of our new Director, Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman, who has recently joined us from the University of Cambridge (see https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/ashok-venkitaraman/ ). This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a world-leading cancer researcher to undertake pioneering research on the role of genome instability in human carcinogenesis (eg., see Venkitaraman Science (2014) PMID:24675954 and Venkitaraman DNA Repair (2019) PMID:31337537).
ESSENTIAL qualifications include:
- a PhD with 3 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience,
- strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field,
- high-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods,
- skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems and
- effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Previous experience in computational approaches to the analysis of (epi)genomic, transcriptomic or proteomic alterations in cancer or other diseases;
- Familiarity with the development of phenotypic assays for genetic or chemical screening, involving the use of flow cytometry, high-throughput high-content microscopy, and/or advanced fluorescence microscopy, or
- Previous experience with genetically engineered murine models.
Please submit applications including
- a covering letter that explains why you are suited to this post,
- a detailed CV, and
- the contact details of 3 professional referees including your last position to:
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
National University of Singapore Centre for Translational Medicine,
14 Medical Drive, #12-01,
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
We will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.
Covid -19 Message
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.