Research Engineer (Software) for SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corp Lab
4 days left
- Full Time
NUS, Singapore’s flagship university, and SIA, Singapore’s flagship carrier, jointly established a 5-year SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corporate Laboratory (Corp Lab) to create and commercialise innovative technologies that could accelerate the digital transformation of Singapore’s aviation sector and redefine the air travel experience.
To emerge ahead in today’s digital transformation era, SIA and NUS will jointly target Revenue Management & Dynamic Pricing (for smart data-driven optimization), Transforming Competency and Skill Development (for intelligent and personalised pilot and cabin crew training), Employee Wellness (for data-driven and scientifically-backed improvements to workforce safety, performance and productivity), and Passenger Comfort, Sleep and Cabin Service (for next-generation product offerings and unparalleled customer service within the cabin).
In this position, you will be working on software technologies for implementing source code to develop a stand-alone platform for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of data. You will work closely with hardware engineers, data analyst and project manager to produce software design and architectures for prototyping and validating sensor-based assessments of passengers’ preferences and improving the passengers’ inflight experience.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of at least one of the server-side languages (Java, .NET, Python)
- Familiarity with Web Services like RESTful APIs, JSON
- Proficient in handling complex requirements and turn into computation logic
- Candidate should be organized, meticulous, hardworking and has good communications skills.
- Candidate should be comfortable working on multiple projects and in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate should be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.