Research Assistant / Research Fellow, Mariculture
3 days left
- Full Time
The Tropical Marine Science Institute (TMSI) at the National University of Singapore is looking for a senior Research Assistant or junior Research Fellow to join our multidisciplinary team. Ideal candidates should have experience in marine biology and ecology and/or aquaculture research. You will be working closely with a team of researchers and engaging with different collaborators, including commercial partners and students. Candidates who can work and communicate effectively across multiple domains are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute aquarium- and laboratory-based experiments at the St. John's Island National Marine Laboratory (SJINML) for the culture of a variety of marine organisms, including marine rice, seagrass, and corals
- Assist in executing engineering/materials testing experiments related to the culture of marine organisms
- Conduct literature reviews and writing of scientific publications
- Assist with project-related administrative duties, including project coordination with team members and collaborators
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours (for Research Assistant) or PhD in a relevant field (for Research Fellow)
- Preferably with background in environmental science, marine science, marine ecology and/or aquaculture
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of initiative and proactiveness
- Resourceful and innovative with positive work attitude
- Responsive and adaptive to changes
- Prior experience with working in Singapore's marine environment and/or aquaculture is preferable
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Singapore