Research Fellow in Post Quantum Cryptography
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £35,333 per annum
- 09 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jan 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is seeking a Research Fellow to conduct research into the design and implementation of practical, robust and physically secure post-quantum cryptographic architectures at the Centre for Secure Information Technology (CSIT), at the Institute of Electronics, Communication and Information Technologies (ECIT), Queen’s University Belfast. This research is part of the £24M Quantum Communications Hub project.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A 2:1 Honours degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Computer Science/Mathematics (or related discipline).
- Obtained or be about to obtain, a PhD in a relevant subject.
- At least 3 years’ relevant research experience in one or more of the following:
- Embedded systems design
- FPGA or ASIC hardware design.
- Expertise in post-quantum cryptography.
- Evidence of a good publication record commensurate with career stage and experience.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
This is a fixed term post, available until 30/11/2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Attractive reward package
About the School
Further information for international applicants