Assistant / Associate, Psychiatry
3 days left
- Full Time
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments in psychiatry. Candidates should have experience in medical education, clinical service, research and should provide evidence of well-supervised training with increasing responsibilities, involvement in organization, development, and conduct of quality educational, research, and clinical service. A record of publications in internationally referred journals is mandatory for eligibility for further processing.
- Be involved with the day-to-day, training of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Be instrumental in research projects, data collection, data management, grant management and the preparation of initial manuscripts, grants and other outputs, contributing significantly to the research output of the University.
- Carry out management work associated with the department of psychiatry and functioning and research, grants and publications.
- Conduct and execute various clinical research trials.
- Perform necessary data analysis, including the statistical analysis, and be involved in interpretation and communication of main results and their preparation for publication and future research grants.
- Independently conduct experiments involving clinical trial and brain imaging. Independently conduct observational project with old age psychiatry.
- Tasks related to a Consultant psychiatrist in SEHA.
- Supervise undergraduate medical students.
- Assist in training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate students on specific techniques relevant to their projects.
- Train and supervise other research staff recruited on grants, graduate and undergraduate students on all aspects of clinical research projects.
MD and specialist in psychiatry Must be psychiatrists who possess American Board Certification or the membership/fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK) or the Royal College of Physicians (Canada) or equivalent in the European countries.
Minimum 3-4 years in academic or research institution setting and/or in the relevant scientific field.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit Curriculum Vitae with publications, names and contact details of three referees and cover letter with the depth of interest
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Psychiatry - (CMHS)
Job Close Date 31-01-2023
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 35000-45000 UAE Dirhams per month