Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- 06 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Economics & Econometrics, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full Time | Contract
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 04 Feb 2023
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Assist the Pl (Principal Investigator) and co-Pis to oversee all data collection / data cleaning / study-related logistical issue to research projects.
- Recruit and schedule participants for the experiments in Singapore.
- Conduct field study in Singapore.
- Arrange meetings with stakeholders.
- Prepare the experimental stimuli designed by various professors.
- Recruit and train new undergraduate student assistants, supervising undergraduate student assistants.
- Cleaning of datasets, and other miscellaneous duties.
- A big plus is if the RA has prior experience with basic programming (e.g., web-scraping for data from online marketplace) and lab/field-based data collection.
- Will be required to work full-time.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in related fields, such as Information Systems / Computer Science / Psychology / Marketing / Communications / Economics.
- Interest and understanding of behavioral science (in the management and social sciences);
- Demonstrated experience or training in conducting research in management sciences, economics, and/or social sciences (causal and/or descriptive research);
- Understanding of basics in experimental design;
- Responsible, professional, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Excellent written communication;
- Fluency in English; Familiarity with basic data analyses/analytics is a plus (not required);
- Familiarity with web-scraping (using any software or tool) is a plus (not required) .