Regular Faculty - Criminology
- UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO
- 05 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Full Time
University of Idaho
Regular Faculty - Criminology
Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $63,235-$66,747
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Culture, Society and Justice at the University of Idaho invites applications for a tenure track assistant professor starting in the fall of 2023. This position will contribute primarily to the department’s program in criminology. And while all areas of specialization will be considered, individuals with a specialization in one or more of the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: crime causation, mental health and crime, cybersecurity and computer crime, rehabilitation/desistance from crime and crime analysis. The standard teaching load is a 2/3 (five classes per academic year). Successful candidates for the position must clearly demonstrate the potential for excellence in research and teaching, and will be expected to have significant experience in online course delivery, and will make a contribution to the department’s online criminology degree program.
- Ph.D. in criminology, criminal justice, law & society, or closely related field (a JD will not meet the minimum educational requirements for this position);
- Experience with online teaching;
- Experience developing online criminology courses;
- Experience contributing to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
- Ability to teach courses in one or more of the following areas: property crime, organizational crime, victimology, mental health and crime, cybercrime/computer crime, rehabilitation/desistance from crime, crime analysis, juvenile delinquency and/or juvenile corrections.
- An established record of excellence in student advising.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001075P
Posting Date: 11/03/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered for first review, please have your application with the following materials submitted by January 10, 2023.
- Letter of application that directly addresses your qualifications for the position, including all required and preferred qualifications.
- Teaching philosophy.
- List of 3 references/recommenders. 3 confidential letters of recommendation emailed to search chair, Joseph De Angelis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommenders must add your name in the subject line.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency