Post Doctoral Fellow - Huang Jianhua Project, School of Data Science
- Shenzhen, China
- 05 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Applied Statistics group led by Dr. Jianhua Huang, Presidential Chair Professor at School of Data Science, emphasizes on three research directions: scientific machine learning, statistical inference when the model is on an approximation, and interdisciplinary data science and statistics.
Dr. Huang obtained Ph.D. in Statistics from University of California at Berkeley in year 1997. He is among the 2% Most Cited Statisticians around the World, ASA Fellow, IMS Fellow, ISI Elected Member, Texas A&M University Professor and Arseven/Mitchell Chair Professor before joining CUHK-Shenzhen in September 2021.
Postdoc working on functional data analysis approach of probability density estimation and interdisciplinary research projects.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD in statistics
- experience working in a collaborative team
- a prior background in mathematical statistics, functional data analysis, programming in R
Job Duties include:
- Working on projects of functional data analysis approach for estimating a collection of probability densities.
- Conducting collaborative research with colleagues in other areas.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be comparable to international standards, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen, and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK-Shenzhen regulations.
Please prepare for CV in English, and two referees’ contact information, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the post is filled.