Research Associate (Clinical Research Coordinator)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 05 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Psychology at Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting one Research Associate for a research project.
This research project includes the following studies:
Study 1: Intelligence Mindset examines children’s views and beliefs about academic subjects and also the underlying factors that influence their perceptions.
Study 2: Parenting by Lying investigates common lies Singaporean parents tell their children.
Study 3: Singapore Preschool Project examines how different child-care arrangements affects children’s later development in primary school and beyond.
Study 4: Parenting practices in Singapore investigates common parenting practices used to correct children’s behaviour and how that influences children’s developmental outcomes.
Study 5: Filial piety in Singapore investigates the way Singaporean children expresses filial piety.
The Research Associate (Clinical Research Coordinator) will work with the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PIs to collect data from Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) parents and children. She/He is expected to assist the Principal Investigator (PI) with the administration of research-related, conduct experiments with children, adolescents, and parents, and process data. This is an excellent opportunity for graduates hoping to acquire research experience in preparation for post-graduate courses or other scientific careers in Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Neuroscience.
Job duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct testing sessions and recruit participants at KKH and NUS on weekdays and weekends
- Provide timely updates of the study to the PI/Project Manager/stakeholders
- Manage the participant reimbursement schedule
- Communicate effectively with PI, Co-PIs, stakeholders and participants
- Assist with data entry, data cleaning and analysis
- Maintain data security and confidentiality according to PDPA
- Schedule home and/or laboratory visits for the participating families
- Other job-related duties as requested or assigned by PI/Project Manager
This study is in collaboration with Dr Peipei Setoh, NTU Early Cognition Lab and Dr Xiaopan Ding, NUS Child Development Lab.
The position is available immediately. The initial appointment is for 12 months with possible renewal for second year subject to performance.
For informal enquiries, contact Dr Setoh (email@example.com). Applicants can apply at our NUS Career Portal.
- Have a good Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters degree in Psychology or any related disciplines
- A strong statistics background and some programming skills (e.g., SPSS, Qualtrics, R).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge campus
Department : Psychology