Senior Professional Officer, Mechanical Industrial Product Design - RaPID / SPICE
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 05 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Jul 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses two Innovation Centres – Rapid Product Innovation and Development (RaPID) Centre and SIT-Poly Innovation Centre of Excellence (SPICE) Centre. The RaPID Centre aims to guide businesses in their innovation and value creation activities through rapid product development and sample production while the SPICE Centre aims to support local Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in their technology-driven transformation, innovation and talent development initiatives. These Innovation Centres house a dedicated pool of Professional Officers who come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. Professional Officers work with industry partners to co-create commercially viable solutions. They deliver on projects that help the industries and businesses to move up the innovation value chain. While working on these projects, Professional Officers will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands. The success of these initiatives will bring about deeper collaboration with key industry stakeholders that will translate the industry engagement into more innovation projects with SIT.
- Participate and manage the industry project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and team members to ensure all project deliverables are met
- Involve in customer engagements, includes gathering of systems requirements and formulate scope
- Involve in the full development life cycle, i.e., design, development, and testing
- Generate technical proposals, design documents, test documents
- A good degree in Mechanical Design or Industrial design or a related field. Masters, PhD and/or relevant professional certifications would be advantageous.
- Deep technical specialist with 8 or more years of working experience in mechanical design and Product design or related area such as development environment designing mechanical system would be preferred.
- Experience in any of the following areas are highly desirable:
- Design of complex mechanical systems including prototyping and integration of mechanical system.
- Working experience with materials selection, Finite element simulation and metrology.
- Use of CAD software, including use of software like SolidWorks and PTC Creo.
- Design for reliability, safety and risk as well as product cycle management
- Creating of customer documentation and BOM
- Advantageous to have prior knowledge in Industrial and Product Design.
- Hands-on experience with fabrication and experience with machining and CAM will be advantageous.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure that the project can meet the milestones adhering to the stipulated timeline
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency to keep abreast of development in the field and pursue professional certification programs. Possess industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.