Research Associate, Chemical Disinfection
7 days left
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 05 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a research associate position starting November 2022 to work on a research project in the area of chemical disinfection for biofilm control in marine environment. This is an externally funded project with an undisclosed Government organization in the UAE. Suitable candidates should have a track record, significant contribution, and laboratory experience in creating and operating disinfection reactors to assess the effectiveness of different disinfectants in biofilm control. Specific knowledge on biofilm characterization is required. The candidate needs to show a record of experience in designing, building, and operating a chemical disinfection reactor to control biofilm growth.
Applicants must have a graduate degree (minimum Master of Science), preferably in environmental engineering, with specific focus on chemical disinfection. Applicants should have more than 1 publication in the specific area of chemical disinfection. Successful candidates will highlight their laboratory experience
Applicants need to have 5 positive responses of the following list to qualify for the position:
- Do you have a graduate degree (MSc Minimum)?
- Do you have experience in disinfection?
- Do you have at least one publication about disinfection?
- Have you worked in a laboratory dealing with disinfection of biofilms?
- Have you measured any of the following parameters: ATP, AOC, chlorophyll?
- Do you have experience in identification of different microbiological species?
- Were you involved in reactor design and developing experimental protocols?
Applicants preferably would have a PhD degree with specific focus on chemical disinfection. Applicants should have at least 3 publications in the specific area of chemical disinfection. Successful candidates will have significant laboratory experience and modeling background.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-03-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant