Faculty Position, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Hub (All Ranks)
- Suzhou, China
- 04 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School: Entrepreneur and Innovation Hub, XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
Position: Faculty Position, Entrepreneur and Innovation Hub (All Ranks)
Academic Discipline: Technology Transfer, IP, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship, Small Enterprise Management, Innovation Management
Location: Taicang, Greater Suzhou, China
In 2006 Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was created by the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University – a top ten university in China. Offering a unique international education experience, XJTLU brings together excellent research practice and expertise from both institutions and gives students the skills and knowledge they need to secure careers in a global marketplace. XJTLU now has around 25,000 enrolled students in both Suzhou and Liverpool in the UK, with plans to grow to about 28,000 students by 2025. There are currently about 2,000 staff, among which about 1,000 academic staff, with an almost even split between citizens of the People’s Republic of China and international passport holders. XJTLU offers our undergraduates and postgraduates over 100 programmes with a diverse spectrum of courses.
With a focus on innovative learning and teaching, and research, XJTLU draws on the strengths of its parent universities, and plays a pivotal role in facilitating access to China for UK and other institutional partners. At same time, XJTLU is exploring future education by blending the educational theory, best practice and culture from west and east.
For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR COLLEGE (TAICANG)
In 2019, the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) was launched, as a pioneers of, and an educational model for, the future university and campus in developing talents and leaders to meet local, national, and global challenges arising from the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Developed in collaboration with the Taicang Municipal Government and industry partners, the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) moved to the university’s newly opened award winning Taicang campus, within Greater Suzhou, in September 2022. As a result, there are opportunities at all levels for innovative academics in the fields represented by the following schools and education platforms:
- School of AI and Advanced Computing
- School of Intelligent Finance and Business
- School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem
- School of Internet of Things
- School of CHIPS
- School of Robotics
- School of Cultural Technology (part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology)
- School of Film and TV Arts (part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology, located in the SIP Campus)
- Entrepreneur and Enterprise Hub
ABOUT ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND ENTERPRISE HUB
The Entrepreneur and Innovation Hub is a growing hub for teaching, learning, entrepreneurship and innovation under the guidance of the Dean and Associate Dean. As an entrepreneurial platform, it is integrated into the Entrepreneur College, the university, local, and regional innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems. As part of the Entrepreneur College (Taicang), the Hub is responsible for the delivery of all the Entrepreneurship modules within the Taicang Industry-oriented Entrepreneur bachelor degrees, as well as delivering the unique Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The aim of the degree programmes is to produce high-end talents who are future ready for industry 4.0. It recognises that the successful graduates of tomorrow must combine subject-specific knowledge with the soft-skills gained through, creative teamwork and entrepreneurial skills.
The Entrepreneur and Enterprise Hub has adopted a new higher education model based upon the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE). SE is a new model developed by the University to address an increasingly networked and complex future of work in the 4th Industrial Revolution. The model is core to the University’s strategy for its next ten-year development focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. SE aims to train syntegrative leaders with Management skills, International perspective, Discipline-specific knowledge, and adaptability in Industry (MIDI).
The position will attract individuals embodying these SE values and are passionate in engaging in a future-focused co-learning ecosystem comprising students, academics, practitioners, university, industry, and community. The School seeks academic members who thrive by creating impact through authentic engagement, cross-boundary collaboration, collective learning and discovery, and action-oriented inquiries. These creative educators adopt a systems mindset and use their knowledge, skills, and experiences to co-design and deliver an enriching educational experience for students. They view education as an integrative and life-long transformative process.
Candidates should have expertise in one or more of the following areas: Innovation Management; Entrepreneurship; Technology Transfer Management and Strategic Management. Experience of developing innovation and entrepreneurship-related programmes would be an advantage. Applicants should be comfortable with innovative teaching approaches, and working with students from a variety of backgrounds. Application should ideally also have industry experience. The successful applicant should be able to:
- Understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative mindset, in line with the ethos of the College.
- Deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students, as evidenced by peers, students and external examiners.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Design and teach modules in entrepreneurship, innovation and small business management
- Provide administrative service to the School, the University and its stakeholders.
- Develop successful PhD supervision.
- Work collaboratively with relevant School(s), College and University entities to identify opportunities for meaningful and genuine partnership and successful impact-creation for research.
- Conduct high-quality industry-enhanced research and consultancy projects, evidenced by contribution that output makes to industry, the economy, society, environment or culture, beyond the contribution to academic research.
- Create, develop and manage successful research partnerships with industry, academic institutions, and other external organisations.
- Support innovative cross-disciplinary business develop in line with the Entrepreneur College (Taicang) research themes, and become an ambassador for the School for the promotion of cross-boundary business development, research and teaching activities.
- Engage actively with new educational models and embrace innovative, interactive, technology-enhanced learning, teaching, and assessment approaches; understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative mindset in line with College ethos.
- Contribute to the school’s teaching development through mentoring and supporting early career academics (Associate Professor and above).
- Undertake any other appropriate tasks assigned by the Entrepreneur College or University through the Dean/Associate Dean of School or College Senior Management Team.
- Ideally a PhD degree in areas such as: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship, Technology Transfer Management, Small Enterprise Management, Innovation Management or a related discipline.
- Teaching experience in a Higher Education Institute or significant equivalent experience facilitating/training teams in an industrial context.
- Knowledge of current debates, trends and issues relating to the expanding field of Entrepreneurship and start-up cultures.
- A track record of innovation in Learning and Teaching
- Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated for innovative teaching.
- A commitment to Continual Professional Development in all areas of the role as an academic at the university.
- Ability to work, teach and research in English
- Strong team-work spirit.
- A good track record of engagement with business and industry.
- Evidence of ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively
- Experience of supervising group projects, masters projects and/or dissertations.
- University-level teaching experience.
- Appropriate research experience as evidenced by peer-reviewed journal publications for the corresponding academic position.
- For non-Chinese applicants, two years, full time, same subject teaching in a college/university is required by the Chinese work permit policy.
- Experience in intensive teaching and problem-based learning, and a willingness to be innovative in teaching practices.
- An institutional builder, and can work with wider disciplines across the Taicang campus.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
- Clear career development path with annual review.
- Professional development trainings are provided.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: Competitive salary in the market
- Allowance: XJTLU provide various month/annual/one-off allowances as
- Housing allowance
- Travel allowance
- Education allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Commercial insurance: international insurance plans customized for XJTLU staff and family members. (details refer to the University Policy)
- Paid holidays:
- Statutory Holidays (11 days)
- Annual Leave (36 days)
- Family Matters Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Working visa and residence permit in China: XJTLU sponsors working visa and residence permit in China for the staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website: https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=3067&company=xjtlu
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email to Dr. Xiaojun Zhang, Acting Dean of School by email on Xiaojun.Zhang@xjtlu.edu.cn or to HRBP on Mingyu.Yuan@xjtlu.edu.cn.