Research Fellow, Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence on NLP
1 day left
- Full Time
We are looking for a Research Fellow who will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence on natural language processing for information extraction and knowledge discovery that lead to publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, as well as real-world implementations.
- Develop new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for natural language processing with a focus on knowledge-graph approaches to address the data integrity issues, information extraction from user conversation data and dialog tree generation;
- Be up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies in related technical fields and application domains;
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators
- A PhD in Computer Science, with specialization related to natural language processing, machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Prior experience in knowledge graphs, information extraction, dialog tree generation and knowledge discovery using state-of-the-art NLP approaches.
- Experience with deep learning-based information retrieval, and/or deep generative natural language approaches for conversation AI would be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 14145