Research Fellow (Smart Grid, Optimization)
5 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a Research Fellow who is expected to work in the field of Smart Grid Optimization. The selected candidate is expected to:
- Work on the development of robust optimization algorithm for energy management of a smart port in presence of solar PV and battery energy storage system (BESS)
- Work on designing and implementing multi-agent system based framework for energy management of a smart port
- Provide support to a team of researchers in carrying out high-quality research, analysing results, and presenting to the funding agency
- Publish research in top-tier journals such as IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, etc.
- PhD degree or PhD thesis submitted in the field of power systems
- Possessing strong knowledge in power systems and optimization
- Experience with optimization tools such as GAMS, Pymo, etc.
- Has technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17438