Project Lead, NAMIC Hub (Research Engineer / Fellow)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 03 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC) was established on 1 October 2015, to be the collaborative partner in 3D printing technology creation and innovation through working with different industries, agencies and institutions to develop capabilities in 3D printing, innovate and accelerate 3D printing to increase Singapore’s global manufacturing competitiveness. The NAMIC Hub @SIT aims to introduce 3D printing in areas that can benefit the industry, with the objective to increase collaboration with key industry partners. The collaboration is targeted to translate upstream research into applications for commercialization.
The Project Lead will provide project management support to NAMIC Hub @SIT and the Cluster in the areas of Project Management to ensure smooth operations of the project, contributing to meeting the objectives and KPIs of the project.
- Supports Hub Manager and project PIs to ensure project timelines, budget and deliverables are adhered to.
- Assists Heads of Hub and Hub Manager in strategic planning of cluster.
- Supports project PIs to integrate information from multiple sources to ensure that research proposals meeting the necessary requirements of project evaluation panel and/or other funding agencies.
- Initiates, implements, and follows through of new projects.
- Provides overall coordination of multi-funded and/or multi-site research projects.
- Conducts resource planning and develops schedules to ensure successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and timely completion of projects.
- Works closely with Project PIs to ensure that funding and authorization is in place for projects and to work within agreed budgets.
- Organises and runs a mixed portfolio of projects as assigned by the Heads of Hub and Hub Manager.
- Works closely with cluster Engineer Specialists and communicates effectively to cluster Technical Specialists the requirements of the projects.
- Provides support to Project PIs on research grant proposals and submissions, preparation of final reports and relevant research agreements for industry projects, in accordance with the University’s guidelines.
- Develops and manages interim reports for Project PIs, industry sponsors and review board (if necessary) to ensure that each project is moving toward timely completion.
- Liaises with Inno Hub, ARIE, ARO and SIT-Legal on various matters related to research, IP and licensing agreements and contracts.
- Prepares project progress reports to Heads of Hub, Hub Manager and Project PIs.
- Updates and maintains database for research projects, grants received and KPIs of the Cluster.
- Assists in the collation of budget projections from Project PIs.
- Provides support in manpower budgeting and expenses tracking for projects.
- Processes procurement documents, petty cash claims, reimbursement claims, invoices etc for projects and clusters in accordance to the University’s guidelines.
- Tracks status of all financial requests, documents and work closely with POD and Finance to follow up on all procurement, financial and business travel matters.
- Assists in the tracking of expenses from internal records and SAP reports to monitor the budget utilization of the project.
- Assists in the preparations of cluster and project financial/budget reports.
- Assists in the coordination of cluster audit process and preparation of audit documents.
- Supports project PIs in the recruitment of relevant personnel for the project in accordance to university’s guidelines.
- Supports cluster Engineering Specialist in standards development and works closely with SPRING, ASTM, ISO, AM TC, MSC and SMF.
- Works closely with SIT Inno Hub to support start-ups in adopting additive manufacturing technologies and other licensing opportunities.
- Assists Heads Hub and Hub Manager in hosting visitors.
- Assists Heads Hub and Hub Manager to network, cold-call and maintain a database of visitors.
- Assists Heads Hub and Hub Manager on HR matters related to the cluster.
- Assists Heads Hub in performance appraisal, training, travelling and other cluster-related activities.
- Assists Heads Hub, Hub Manager and Project PIs on all financial, business travel application and claims enquiries
- Provides support for workshops, industry seminars, competitions, conferences and company visits including collation of presentation/ event slides, printing of programme materials, refreshments booking and coordination, venue booking, coordinating lab demonstration sessions etc.
- Assists in outreach, marketing plans and development of publicity materials.
- Minimum a good engineering degree from recognized university
- At least 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge in finance, HR and project management will be advantageous
- Fresh degree graduates are also welcomed to apply