Senior / Professional Officer (IT Systems and Cloud)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 03 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers scheme. Professional Officers come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool which brings a much-needed industry perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing the academic expertise of the faculty to bring industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional Officers leverage on their industry experiences to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during practical learning activities such as laboratory sessions, Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Professional Officers could also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide solutions to the industry. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage the centralised laboratory facilities and resources in SIT. With Technical Officers, laboratory safety professionals, and administrators in POD, they jointly develop central policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of laboratories in SIT
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Design and teach labs & practice modules.
- Mentor students in Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Lead or co-lead innovation projects with industry.
- Manage labs and equipment to support academic programmes and applied research.
- Have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Deep technical specialist with 10 or more years of working experience as solution or software architect in setting up network and server systems, managing software development environment and configuration activities to support testing and maintenance of IT system, software applications, hosted services and websites.
- Strong technical know-how and practical competencies in the hybrid infrastructure and cloud technology to administer enterprise-level systems. Setup and management of physical / cloud resources and administration of virtualization technologies, Familiar with Cisco UCS, HPE ProLiant, Nutanix, VMWare, Hyper-V, AHV, KVM, VDI, Citrix, AWS, AliCloud, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, SDN, etc
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operation which include problems / incidents management, capacity management, audit and infrastructure / network security scans, disaster recovery, security and availability management etc.
- Keen interest to support research and academic project work, with demonstrated ability in developing software solutions to technical problems.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency to stay up to date on emerging technologies and pursue professional certification programs. Industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Possess Network / Microsoft / Cloud certification (or equivalent training/experience) preferred (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, AWS CSA, VCP etc)