Research Assistant, Department of Paediatrics
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant position in the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The department conducts both basic science and clinical research on a wide range of diseases. We excel in the fields of childhood development, allergy, nephrology, oncology and genetics.
To find out more about our department, and our research areas and research facilities, please visit our websites at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/paed/index.html and https://www.nuh.com.sg/our-services/Specialties/Paediatrics/Pages/default.aspx.
Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will work closely with multiple Principal Investigators and study team members to ensure successful and timely completion of the research projects. The RA’s principal role will include but not limited to ethics application and compliance, subject recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smoothen the process of subject recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principal Investigators (PI) and Research Director.
The RA will be expected to:
- Oversee the general management of the projects;
- Assist in the administrative work related to research ethics application, and providing administrative support to adhere to the board requirements.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes;
- Conduct literature searches, use SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the projects.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with laws, policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PIs or Research Director.
The applicant should:
- have a least a first degree in the life sciences, medicine, nursing or related disciplines with good results;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to details;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Enquiries are welcome and should be made to Mr Liu Deliang, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of at least 2 referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16884