Post Doctoral Fellow in Aerospace Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral is expected to progressively acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct high-impact research in the design and development of safety-critical avionics and ATM/STM systems, consistently with the expectations of the grant.
- Participate in the various activities of the research group under the guidance of the advisor and conduct a program of personal research in the field of Air/Space Traffic Management (ATM/STM) systems, yielding measurable outcomes including journal and conference publications and attracting industry/government funding.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of research facilities and capabilities in the area of ATM and STM systems.
- Support the research performance and reputation of the department through appropriate interaction with industry and other research organizations.
- Successfully undertake and complete research tasks to the required qualitative standards within the agreed timeframes and resources as specified by the project plan.
- Publish research outcomes and communicate with other team members, clients and the broader research community.
- Undertake a range of administrative functions associated with the research project s/he is undertaking.
- Undertake teaching and supervisory duties in line with the expectations of the position.
Provide mentorship and guidance to undergraduate and postgraduate students and other researchers within the field of expertise.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and CNS/ATM Systems, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, or in a closely related subject.
- High level of proficiency in MATLAB and, possibly, STK. Competence with Python, C++ and/or other object-oriented programming language is desirable.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time