Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Suzhou, China
- 20 Dec 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Department: Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, School of Advanced Technology
Position Title: Professor – Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Location: Suzhou, China
Salary: Salary and benefits packages are competitive and commensurate with rank and experience.
Job ID: 2052
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The School of Advanced Technology has five departments (intelligent Science, Computing, Mechatronics and Robotics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Communications and networking). As a research and practice-led school our faculty and staff are committed to providing our students with a challenging and stimulating environment, as well as unlocking their full potential. Upon graduation, students will become highly-sought-after candidates with strong academic knowledge as well as extensive transferable skills in communication, team-work and project management.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position of Professor is crucial to the effective operation of XJTLU. Departments are the fundamental building blocks of the university, and the Professor is the role model of academic staff. The Professor is reported directly to the Head of their department. The Professor is a key research leader, manager, and administrator. The term of appointment is three years.
Supporting its rapid expansion, SAT now seeks to appoint senior faculty to join the EEE department. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior academic and established researcher to become part of a young, fast-growing, and internationally recognized institution situated in the heart of one of China’s most innovative and entrepreneurial economic areas. XJTLU is a research-led university. In this context, even though the workload of faculty in SAT is generally shared between teaching, research, and service, faculty members are expected to spend the majority of their time on research, followed by teaching, then service. Research activities include the publication of research articles, attendance of international conferences, and applications for research funding. Research performance in the School is benchmarked on internationally recognized lists of journal quality such as the CAS JCR Q1 journals.
The successful applicant is expected to have developed:
- A motivation to mentor junior faculty,
- A solid wide range of academic leadership skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful applicant is expected to have:
- A PhD degree in Microelectronics, or Semiconductor Material Science & Engineering or integrated circuit design & manufacturing or a related field,
- At least ten years of teaching/research experience in higher education, especially in the areas of electronic materials and devices, semiconductor fabrication or integrated circuit design
- A significant record of academic publications in excellent international journals,
- Supervised PhD students to completion,
- A successful record of research funding acquisition
The successful applicant should preferably possess the following attributes:
- Curriculum design and programme development experience,
- Teaching and/or research interest in nanoelectronic materials and fabrication, microelectronic devices and circuits, and semiconductor science & technology
- Engagement with professional community,
- Professional memberships such as IET, ACM, IEEE and HEA;
- Strong knowledge / experience in international higher education. Ideally hold the rank of Professor.
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 60 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our university website: https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2052&company=xjtlu Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email Dean of School Prof. Eng Gee Lim at email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HRBP of School of Advanced Technology at Mingwei.Sun@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.