Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Health Economics
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £43,414 - £63,673 per annum for Senior Lecturer
- 19 Dec 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Health Economics.
The successful candidate will work with academic colleagues to develop and deliver research and teaching programmes in health economics applied and allied to the work of a range of programmes linked to the Belfast Region City Deal (BRCD), the Centre for Public Health (CPH) and the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, whilst also developing own research portfolio and impact. They will increase and advance the use of Health Economics approaches and methodologies to the evaluation of BRCD programmes and to public health. They will also teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to School and CPH administration/outreach activity.
Appointment may be made at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level. Please clearly indicate which role you are applying for in your application.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary Degree.
- PhD in a subject area related to Health Economics.
- A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant field.
- Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience.
- Experience and expertise in use of the methods of health economics.
- Willingness to apply these methods in public health and the programmes of the Belfast Regional City Deal.
- Research profile which complements the research priorities and strengths of the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences.
- Experience of giving presentations at national and international meetings and conferences.
- Relevant teaching experience at University Level.
- Relevant academic administrative/management experience.
Please note that the above criteria are for Lecturer and are not an exhaustive list. The criteria for Senior Lecturer includes and builds on the requirements at Lecturer level. Please refer to the relevant job description for a full list of essential criteria.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Nathan Congdon: email@example.com.
Candidate Information - Lecturer
Candidate Information - Senior Lecturer
Attractive reward package
About the School
About the Centre
About projects aligned with BRCD
Further information for international applicants