Senior Programmes Officer (Maternity Cover)
The International School for Government (ISfG) is designed to equip policymakers and civil servants from across the globe to meet the challenges of the future, creating leaders capable of delivering the services that citizens expect today. Through education, research and public engagement, the School focuses on the most pressing policy problems, ensuring that policy professionals are prepared with both the hard and soft skills necessary to understand how power, influence and change move through political circles.
The Senior Programmes Officer works as part of a team to ensure consistent support and delivery of ISfG’s online and blended taught provision providing high quality administrative support.
The role holder will be responsible for delivering an outstanding customer experience to relevant stakeholders throughout the student lifecycle from pre-enrolment activities through to graduation and beyond. The role holder will be resolving complex day-to-day issues, responding in line with university Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). They will represent the ISfG externally with students and clients and internally through wider university activities and committees at all times supporting the School’s interests and engaging with university functions.
This role will present exciting opportunities to work with a small and collaborative team and together support a growing portfolio of online and executive education offerings.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion are core values at the Policy Institute and the ISfG. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered and comfortable in the workplace.
This post will be offered on a full-time fixed term contract starting from 1st February 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter) until March 2024. This is a maternity cover post.
- Work with relevant colleagues to plan programme cycles, considering the provision of processes throughout the academic year, identifying priorities and demonstrating flexibility throughout the cycle, recognising when priorities change, amending plans and adjusting work patterns accordingly
- Coordinate programme administration processes relevant to the area of work, including assessment processes, ensuring it is within the College deadlines and regulations as well as the faculty and external clients’ requirements
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner, in accordance with GDPR and to support Freedom of Information
- Ensure that quality assurance requirements and, where required, accreditation requirements are met for all provision. To service committees as directed by your line manager. Coordinate module evaluation processes in line with current university best practice
- Develop and improve the service through eliciting and responding to service user feedback, identifying and suggesting service improvements and implementing new ways of working as directed
- Work with the wider university community to ensure up-to-date and consistent practices are followed when utilising systems (e.g. student records systems and virtual learning environments) to undertake both day-to-day functions and higher-level processes such as reporting and extracting data, ensuring accuracy of data and identifying and resolving issues
- Responsible for providing pastoral care and responding to day-to-day student enquiries as appropriate within agreed timeframes, taking responsibility for resolving complex enquiries and escalating with line manager when required
- Receive, investigate and resolve low-level complaints and address service setbacks, exercising judgement and escalating to line manager where required
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high volume activity. Participating in and coordinating new starter inductions. Covering staff absence and deputising for the line manager as and when required
- Take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the agreed retention schedules
- Work with the Senior Operations Officer, the Programme Manager and the wider team to ensure the smooth delivery of executive education sessions and provide support for other events organised by the school
- The post holder may on occasion be asked to work out of office hours – sufficient notice will be provided and they will be allowed to claim time off in lieu
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft documents and correspondence autonomously to a broad range of audiences
3. Strong numeracy skills and ability to analyse complex numerical data
4. Experience in the use of databases and student records systems (such as SITS) to provide management information data to a high level of detail and accuracy
5. Significant experience of using virtual learning environments such as Moodle
6. Excellent time management and organisational skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines, a proactive approach, and the ability to work independently
7. Experience of stakeholder management, ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
8. Experience of working in a customer facing environment with knowledge of how to address complaints and service setbacks in a professional and efficient manner
9. Experience of managing and delivering a portfolio of taught provision, with a proactive and transparent approach and a focus on improvement
10. Ability to work under pressure to complete a range of competing priorities, and escalating as and when required
11. Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
12. Experience of working within a small, busy team to tight timelines
Please ensure you include a cover letter in your application explaining how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification of the post alongisde your CV.
Job ID : 059068