Associate Professor, Endodontics
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $153,830 – $169,237 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
- 08 Dec 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Jan 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- We are seeking an outstanding academic for a tenurable position of Associate Professor of Endodontics in the UWA Dental School and The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA).
- It is an exceptional opportunity to teach and supervise research in the discipline area of Endodontics and Dental Traumatology.
- Full-time, tenurable appointment
- Base salary range: Level D $153,830 – $169,237 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia is a leading global university, renowned for excellence in education and research. Today, UWA is among the top 100 universities in the world, number one in Western Australia and is one of Australia’s most respected research institutions.
The UWA Dental School aims “To be recognised internationally as a contemporary, progressive, innovative and vibrant centre of excellence in dentistry”, and “To achieve excellence in dental education, research and oral health care to benefit of our local community and the advancement of dentistry globally”. The School’s motto is “to pursue the impossible while achieving excellence.”
The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) is a centre within The University of Western Australia. OHCWA is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. OHCWA is the clinical facility of the Dental School. It treats over 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical training programs. The appointee will be responsible to the Dean and Head of School/Director OHCWA.
About the opportunity
The Associate Professor, Endodontics will be responsible for the clinical and didactic teaching of Endodontics within the School’s educational programs (such as the DMD and DCD), as well as providing clinical service in Endodontics.
The University is seeking an individual who can demonstrate their achievements in Endodontics, and who can provide high-level input into the School's educational programs.
The appointment offers a unique opportunity for a dental academic to develop innovative learning opportunities for all levels of students. The successful candidate will be expected to lead graduate (DMD, and DCD) students, to teach Endodontics and Dental Traumatology, and to conduct and supervise research. In line with the level of appointment, more senior responsibilities and leadership will be expected.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Dental qualification registrable with the Dental Board of Australia.
- Specialist qualification registrable as an Endodontist with the Dental Board of Australia. PhD or other research qualification.
- Evidence of high-level clinical capabilities, and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in providing specialist endodontic patient services.
- Demonstrated track record of research output plus excellence and leadership in dental research - evidence could include major peer-reviewed publications, national/international reputation for excellence in research and/or graduated research higher degree students or other similar evidence.
- Experience in the development of new material and delivery of high-quality courses.
- High-level supervision and administration, with program coordination in a dental school setting.
- A history of involvement with the dental profession at high levels, within professional associations/societies and/or academies.
- Experience with a range of learning modes, including flexible delivery or student-centred learning modes.
- Peer recognition in the form of membership or fellowship of international academies and/or colleges, and/or invited presentations at international, national and/or local meetings.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Level D Endodontist.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 31 January 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Hien Ngo at email@example.com
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.