Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Health, Diabetes Education
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Deliver education and research differently
- Location choices suited to the Australian coastal lifestyle on the east coast
Southern Cross University is a values-led, young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to changelives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact.Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Healthprovides an exciting and innovative learning environment, and offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions. As a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Diabetes Education) you will contribute totheteaching and learning, curriculum redesign, and research and/or scholarship of teaching profile of the Faculty.
This position will initially fulfill the Course Coordinator role for the Graduate Certificate of Diabetes Education and Management, during which you will be responsible for the leadership and administration of the program, as well as delivery into certain units, offering a unique and enriched learning experience.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to the diabetes education course team and undertake innovative curriculum development and initiative in design delivery of courses;
- Undertake research activities that align with the research profile of the Faculty; and
- Contribute to the Faculty through active and positive engagement with relevant community and professional bodies.
You will be passionate about student teaching and supporting student learning in diabetes education. You will be able to demonstrate professional experience in diabetes education, andpossession of acurrent accreditation with the Australian Diabetes Educators Association as a Credentialled Diabetes Educator will be viewed favourably.
Additionally, you will have:
- A PhD in an area relating to human health and a Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at a tertiary level in diabetes education and in the development of online educational programs that are engaging, interactive and media-rich, utilizing technologies that enhance the student experience.
- An appropriate track record in research or teaching scholarship relative to level and academic profile, including publications in highly ranked journals, and evidence of research impact.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available.
- Academic Level B or C.
- The base salary for Academic Level C ranges from $123,900 - $142,531 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $166,761.
- The base salary for Academic Level B ranges from $101,544- $120,179 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $140,609.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Dr Chris Stevens,Chair of Discipline (Human Sciences)
Phone: 0411 797 245
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEDT, Wednesday 4 January 2023
Please note: The University is closed from Thursday 22 December 2022 to Tuesday 3 January 2023 (inclusive). Enquiries regarding the role over this time will be checked intermittently during the University Christmas closure.
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts Coffs Harbour Gold Coast jobs in Lismore
- Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Coffs Harbour Gold Coast jobs in Lismore
- Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors Coffs Harbour Gold Coast jobs in Lismore