Service Centre Specialist, Human Resources
- Full time, fixed term role for 12 month roles
- Excellent opportunity to join our Shared Service Centre and contribute to the excellent service provided by our HR Service Centre Consultants
- Base salary $79,717, plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The HR Service Centre Consultant will provide strong customer service and transactional support and advice in response to Human Resources and other related enquiries from University of Sydney staff and students lodged through multiple channels-namely telephone, email, web, remote and the self-service portal. The HR Service centre consultant will provide responses and advice to HR and other enquiries. Enquiries are to be handled in a professional, accurate and customer-focused manner, and within agreed service timeframes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide service support, primary focus to respond to Human Resources related enquiries
- investigate, analyse and resolve HR enquiries using both knowledge base articles and other reference materials
- use the Shared Service Centre ticket management platform to raise tickets for all enquiries
- determine whether escalations to another team is required
- identify, nominate and participate in any continual improvement opportunities
- work collaboratively with the team and all other University stakeholders
- experience handling client enquiries to ensure effective resolutions or escalation to the relevant area
- experience using the ServiceNow or similar incident logging systems
- previous experience working in a shared service environment, preferably within Higher Education entities
- clear and effective communication skills
- demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with a high level of independence
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 18 December 2022 11:59 PM