Research Assistant, Centre for Holistic Initiatives for Learning and Development
The Centre for Holistic Initiatives for Learning and Development or CHILD was established under the umbrella of the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS Medicine) with the Lien Foundation. In collaboration with partners - the Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) and A*STAR’s Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS), CHILD brings together experts in the field of translational research, child development, and implementation science to help give children the best start to life.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant to join CHILD to work on projects in child health and development.
The successful candidate will provide research and administrative support to new and ongoing studies and will:
- Engage in a variety of research-related activities including literature searches and reviewing, preparation of research materials, participant recruitment and scheduling, on-site data collection at preschools, data entry and data management.
- Perform study measurements and behavioural observations in accordance with the highest of research standards, under supervision by research team members.
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports, papers, and other publications as required.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and research team
- Work closely with the children, families and caregivers involved in our research.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines (e.g., Psychology, Behavioural Science, Health Sciences, Education, Social work)
- Keen interest in the area of early child development and/or behaviour
- Willingness to travel off-site for data collection, including to preschools and childcare centres island-wide, and undertake further training in relevant data collection procedures
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an ability to work independently
- Experience working with preschool-age children and/or families is an asset for this position
- Position will commensurate with experience and qualifications
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15649