- RMIT VIETNAM
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 06 Dec 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. The Management Department, within the School, has six discipline areas. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
The role and responsibilities
The role sits within the Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship disciplines and therefore candidates who are able to teach and contribute to both subjects will have a distinct advantage. The Lecturer is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer is expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities and will work collaboratively with fellow academics within the teaching team, updating colleagues and students on developments in their subject areas or specialisations. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
Lecturer JD - Entrepreneurship.pdf
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- Relevant experience teaching in a university environment
- Proven teaching proficiency in Entrepreneurship with ability to teach general Human Resources subjects
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard national public holidays) plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate teaching experience in a tertiary education environment.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
9 thg 2 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.