Student Accommodation Assistant
- EDINBURGH NAPIER UNIVERSITY
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh (GB)
- £23,144 – 27,131.00
- 02 Dec 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Jan 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job title: Student Accommodation Assistant – Full Time, Permanent
Job reference: 0000019752
Date posted: 02/12/2022
Application closing date: 03/01/2023
Salary: Grade 3 (£23,144 – 27,131.00)
Package: Excellent Benefits Package
Contractual hours: 36.25
Basis: Full Time
We are looking for a Student Accommodation Assistant to join our Property & Facilities team on a permanent basis; based at Bainfield, with travel through the Student Accommodation portfolio (Slateford Road and Orwell Terrace).
The Property & Facilities Team delivers a first-class service to over 1,500 staff and nearly 19,000 students. This team is one of the largest professional services departments within the University and is responsible for the management and development of the University Campuses, Ancillary Facilities, Student Accommodation, Conferencing & Events, Catering, Facilities Services, Print & Document Services, Logistics and Engage gym.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team who are at the heart of the university.
As a Student Accommodation Assistant, you will provide operational support within the accommodation team for the management and control of University managed student flat developments within the city centre.
You will play a key role in providing front-line advice and assistance to new and existing student tenants on a wide range of issues relating to student accommodation, such as tenancy and repairs issues, rent and arrears information, allocation procedures, inter-flat issues and private sector advice.
You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by responding quickly and appropriately to all student and stakeholder enquiries face to face, by email or by phone. As well as providing assistance in maintaining and updating the Student Accommodation Housing Management System and associated software packages.
You will work alongside the Accommodation Officer, to assist in the overall management, care, supervision, and cleanliness of the flats and deputise in their absence. You will be fully aware of and document all issues within flats so that any enquiry can be dealt with or progressed quickly and efficiently including student conduct hearings, neighbourhood complaints, flat inspection administration, end of lease charges and maintenance checking.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a strong, customer service focussed outlook with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing alongside good interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt style accordingly to the needs of the customer.
Successful applicants will have extensive relevant front-line direct customer contact experience (experience would be preferred from a housing/property management background) with commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Demonstrable experience of streamlining or introducing processes and systems using IT within the office environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft packages, particularly demonstrable experience of Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively a varied and demanding workload.
- Well-developed analytical and evaluative skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to make decisions.
- Strong numeracy. This role will involve spreadsheet calculations and working with figures to track various costs.
- Experience of working within Further Education/Higher Education environment.
- Experience of applying the relevant housing legislation.
- Working knowledge of the private rented sector, and operational property management, including repairs reporting, preferably within student accommodation.
- Possession of a full, clean driving license.
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Benefits We Offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement, and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts. For more details, please click here.
Salary: Grade 3 (£23,144 – 27,131.00)
- Closing date: Tuesday 3rd January 2023 @ 11:59pm
- Interview Date: Friday 13th January 2023
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.